Monday, February 18, 2008

Stretch

I'll be honest - I'm not a fitness buff. I know I need to be more active, and am setting a goal to accomplish that this year. Going headlong into intensive workouts would be foolish as well as unhealthy for me. I need to stretch and warm-up before I get active, or I might pull something, like one of those muscles in places that you didn't know you had. Yeah.

The same is true in ministry. Sometimes we think we are ready for what God has, but He leads us through a process of stretching and warming up, because He knows if He launches us into something that we aren't prepared for, we could hurt ourselves and others as well.

Right now I feel the pain of God stretching me - while not thoroughly enjoyable, it is exciting to know that the stretching means something is on the horizon, and I want to be ready for what is ahead!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home