Friday, February 8, 2008

Empowering Leadership

I was thinking just the other day about a youth pastor I had in my late teens, early twenties. This guy looked past my shy shell and saw something in me that I didn't see in myself. I had a little musical talent, but certainly wasn't any type of prodigy. My "friend" that brought me to the group told the youth pastor that I played guitar, and before I could think, I had agreed to bring my guitar the next week. In a matter of a few short months, this guy actually had me "preach" my first message to the group. Who would have thought that later that year that God would call me into the ministry (not what I would have planned for my life)?

Nathan was an empowering leader. He believed in me, a young man that didn't beleive in himself. And as a result, he inspired me to become all that God wanted me to be. He has helped me to do the same for others.

How can you inspire others to greatness? Let me know your thoughts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home