Tuesday, January 8, 2008

No More Cliche's

One of the things that I believe turns people off to the Gospel is the use of Christian cliche's. Inside church walls we have our own language at times - something I call "Christianese", where if you don't know it - you're lost. What people today (and really always) is for people who are madly in love with God, and are real at the same time. Yeah, we go through stuff and struggle at times, but we have found that God helps us, gives us peace, gives us strength, and that helps it be ok.

I'm starting this year out preaching a 6 week series called "Under Construction" getting back to the basics of Christianity - and helping us become true disciples of Christ, ones that serve Him because we love Him. Sorry for the "preachy" sound, but man I've got a fire shut up in my bones - as Jeremiah did!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home