Friday, November 16, 2007

Friday - I'm Coming Down

This is the longest I have ever been on the roof. Media coverage was minimal this year - has been more in past years. We haven't reached our goal as of 11 a.m. Friday morning - but we have collected we'll over $4,000 - that's certainly more than we had Monday morning.

Many thanks my congregation who spent hours here collecting and standing together with me in this. What a team! Many thanks to all who donated - it will be given out promptly and fully. And if you want to continue to donate - we'll leave the link up for a few more days, or you can send it to the church.

Some might say we failed because we didn't reach our goal of $25,000 - I choose to define failure as not trying at all. Certainly it has been draining - I have not left the roof at all since Monday morning. But I'm glad to do what I feel God wants me to do.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We'll never know how much money was really raised. But, you raised awareness of a growing problem in today's society - normal, ordinary people who walk a line and don't always have enough money to just do a little extra. Even if you just look at the money that came to the church, we know we fed 400 families a turkey or ham this holiday season. And that, my friend, is a blessing indeed. The Lord banishes your discouragement with a message in your heart of "You did good, my child."

November 17, 2007 at 9:49 PM  
Blogger Bill Kiger said...

Pastor Dave, you made me proud to be an Assemblies of God minister. Way to go!

November 28, 2007 at 12:32 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home