Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Recovering Pessimist

Hi, my name is David and I'm a recovering pessimist. I used to see everything from a negative point of view. I was best friends with Murphy - you know, the guy who wrote the laws of pessimism. In fact, I had a girl in my youth group growing up who once pointed out how negative I was about everything, including myself. My hopes had been dashed one too many times, and I just gave up easily on things.

I am happy to say that I am a recovering pessimist today. I still have moments of "how is this going to work out" and "nobody knows the trouble I seen", but all in all, God has helped me to see things more through His eyes than my own. And sometimes I have to "faith" it, because in myself, I can't see how some things will happen. And I have found that the more I trust God, the more positive I become.

Any other recovering pessimists out there?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.

November 11, 2008 at 4:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home