Sunday, November 11, 2007

Tomorrow Is The Big Day

Tomorrow morning about 9 a.m. - I am ascending to the roof of the church I pastor for the 3rd time in 3 years, camping out in a tent to collect money for local food banks. I'm excited again this year, with our goal set at $25,000. It is a bittersweet time - I love to be a part of helping feed the hungry, yet I don't like being away from my wife and kids - you see, I'm 24/7 on the roof until the goal is met, or Friday, whichever comes first.

As soon as the media does their coverage, I'll link to it. I hope to be blogging throughout the event as I can, and keep the coverage up to date. We are able to receive donations through the church website at www.pitcairnassembly.org. The money has started coming in and I'm stoked for the remainder of the event.

I covet your prayers that the goal will be met, that we will be safe, and that Christ will be glorified in all we do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home