Friday, November 2, 2007

A Night at Starbucks

God has blessed me with the greatest wife. And tonight we had the chance to leave the kids with a sitter and go out to Starbucks alone. Her heart is so toward ministry and being effective, and that is a huge blessing to a pastor. She listened as I rambled on about reaching our town, following the example of Christ, the differing paradigms of doing church, the mandatory coffee shack in today's churches, ad nauseum. And she has a great way of distilling it all down to a poignant point, and reminding me that shutting myself in with the Father will bring the wisdom, direction, and everything I need to become the leader that God intends for me to be. What can you say to that?

How is your wife a blessing to you?

2 Comments:

Blogger Nick said...

Not quite sure yet!! :)

November 6, 2007 at 6:04 PM  
Blogger Bill Kiger said...

She has been my constant source of encouragement.

November 28, 2007 at 1:11 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home