Wednesday, October 31, 2007

The Turkey Story

Had the opportunity to hear and meet Earl Creps today. Pretty cool that he knew the pastor of the church where I was associate pastor at in Maine. He articulated what I know really was on all of our minds - how do we reach our community with the truth and reality of Christ. Earning the right to be heard was one of the paramount points in what he had to say.

Forgive my shameless segue into what we are doing at the church I pastor - but in many ways, it has earned us the right to be heard. In the summer of 2005 I was praying that God would help us reach our community. I believe he led me to camp out on the roof to collect turkeys during the Thanksgiving season. This year will be our third and biggest year - and God has opened doors of connection to have greater influence. Our goal is $50,000 this year - and I'm just crazy enough to believe that we will reach that goal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home