Sunday, September 30, 2007

Learning While You Go

I'm new at this lead pastor thing. Was an associate prior to this role. Totally different animal than lead pastor. Doing new things and taking on new roles stretches you. And that's a good thing if you are in it for the marathon.

Yesterday I hosted a Pastor/Board Roundtable at our church (and included the board member's spouses) to get a pulse of where we are now as a church, to identify our "sweet spot" of ministry, to present the Mission, Vision, and Values statement that I have developed, and to identify what needs to change in order to move forward. I believe that what was discussed at that meeting will be a pivotal point in our history. I laid my heart out to them concerning the future of our church and where God could take us together. It is encouraging that after only three years that we are beginning to gain momentum and my leadership is beginning to get focused, and the best is yet to come.

All of you who pastor smaller works know that it is a great deal of work, especially if you have no paid staff. In that position you cannot just manage the church, you have to lead - leading means seeing what could be! I like what I read that Oral Roberts said - "If you can see the invisible, you can do the impossible!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home