Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Are You Hungry?

Had some great food today at the Catalyst meeting - the chicken was over the top! The only thing missing was some cheesecake smothered with blueberries. Oh, I can't take it! Then I could wash it all down with a Venti Carmel Macchiato - hold the whipped cream, please. Are you hungry yet?
I recently had a spiritual retreat where I was able to get away for a few days and really spend some time alone with God. The more I took in from Him, the more I wanted. The Scripture is so true - Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for Him - they will be filled. And in that meeting today and talking with other lead pastors, I sensed a hunger growing inside of each of us, wanting to see God do what His Word says He can. I still believe that He heals the sick, that He saves the lost, and baptizes in the Holy Spirit. I still believe His Word is authoritative and does not change. And the more I taste of His goodness, the more hunger grows inside of my spirit.
Forgive me if I sound preachy, but when the hunger gets ahold of you, you just can't hold back!

1 Comments:

Blogger Nick said...

Dave - you know what's really funny? I had the cheesecake in the fridge and forgot to put it out!!

September 29, 2007 at 12:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home