Sunday, August 12, 2007

Praying In Victory

Wow, what a great trip to Indy we had! Our teens did good at Fine Arts and we are sure proud of them. And we so enjoyed both General Council and the Youth Convention. Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut, while we were gone, PA got some rain - church flooded out again as well as our basement at home, and someone broke into one of our church buildings and cut all the copper pipes out. When I got the news, I have to honestly say that I didn't get upset. More frustrated than anything, because it is one more thing added to my list of a million things to get done yesterday. Whew, it felt good to get that off my chest.
So as I was praying this morning, walking around the sanctuary all by myself, griping a little to God concerning my misfortune, I was reminded of something that I heard one time - rather than praying your problems, pray the victory - what I mean is - praying the Word out loud concerning your situation. Can I tell you that I came into the service ready this morning - ready to lead, ready to preach, ready for what God has ahead. I think I'll try this praying in victory more:-)

1 Comments:

Blogger Nick said...

Wow! I'm sorry to hear about the church. Is there anything we can do? If there is, please let me know!!

August 13, 2007 at 10:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home