Friday, August 3, 2007

Aaaaargh!

Have you ever felt like everyone had the solution to church growth but you? Oodles of curriculum promising that your church will have explosive growth, seminars telling you if you follow their seven step plan, that you'll be building in six months, and internal pressure saying - what's wrong with me - why isn't my church growing exponentially? Aaaargh (as Charlie Brown was known to say)!

I have to admit that I had been caught in the whirlpool of church growth until the Lord impressed the scripture on my heart - Psalm 127:1 - Unless the Lord builds the house, the builder will labor in vain. It's His house - I may be the foreman, but He is the architect, the owner, and the financier - so all my direction, I take from Him. And wow, does that take a load off of me! While some may see that as a naive idea, remember, it was simple faith that helped Peter walk on water!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home