Tuesday, July 24, 2007

The Panera Experience

On my list of favorite places to hang out with other pastors or just by myself is Panera Bread. Not just because they've got great food and fresh coffee, but the atmosphere is conducive to relationships, meetings, and generally just to getting that work done that you struggle to because of the distractions of the office. Just now I finished my bagel and first cup of decaf - and am going to begin to work on the rough draft of the mission, vision, and values statement for the church. After unloading on God this morning, I'm praying that as I work on this, He'll unload on me. As I look around the restaurant and see professionals having brief meetings, families getting together for lunch, and friends just hanging out - what a place to develop the statement of the church's existence and forward thrust.
And by the way, shouldn't the church be a place that is conducive to relationships just as Panera is?

1 Comments:

Blogger Nick said...

I would definitely agree! I love Panera!!

July 24, 2007 at 9:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home